Integrated Communications Manager / Sr Manager (Technology)
Our client is a global cloud-led, data-centric software company, is seeking a self-motivated and creative integrated communications professional to join our communications team in APAC. The candidate needs to have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
As Senior Manager / Manager, Integrated Communications, the candidate will be responsible for developing a strategy as well as execution of:
- Our global and local external communication strategies (including public relations, executive communications and social media) that generate market awareness for the company in GCASK markets Hong Kong, Taiwan, ASEAN and South Korea);
- Our executive communications programs in GCASK
- Our GCASK internal communications programs that keep employees informed, engaged and inspired.
The right candidate should have comprehensive experience in external, internal, crisis and executive communications as well as organic social media. She/he should have an experience of about 7-10 years working with media in the GCASK countries and a proven track record of managing results-driven communications programs. A high degree of creativity and technology domain knowledge is a plus.
- Develop and execute strategic internal and external corporate and executive communication plans that drive awareness to market impact in Singapore and GCASK markets.
- Work closely with the global and APAC corporate communications and marketing teams to ensure alignment of activity and messaging.
- Advance and protect the image and reputation of the company to help meet corporate and business objectives.
- Contribute to our global storytelling efforts by using global and locally-relevant data points, customer stories and insights to generate positive press mentions in tier 1 media outlets and favorably shape the perception of the company as an industry leader among key stakeholders.
- Draft written materials, including press releases, memos, pitches, statements, Q&As, executive communications and more.
- Build and maintain relationships with tier 1 business, news, tech and trade media. Proactively seek media opportunities and identify active news cycles, and be able to pitch large media stories.
- Expand our audience by broadening our media and influencer mix, while leveraging owned, shared and earned channels in innovative and creative ways.
- Serve as a key point of contact for issues management with the press and work closely with legal, HR, business and sales teams - successfully managing complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and being able to deal with ambiguity
- Manage local PR agency
- Manage, maintain and grow our social media presence in GCASK (with the support of our in-house social media team and local PR agency)
- Deliver strategic internal and external communications counsel to senior executives in GCASK
- Develop and implement an agile employee communications and engagement strategy and roadmap
- Support key culture and HR initiatives (locally and globally) including but not limited to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging and other key employee-focused programs
- Work closely with leadership team and help execute employee communications channels and tools, such as recurring All Hands meetings and internal newsletter
- Support our recruitment and retention efforts locally (employer branding)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of corporate communications or public relations experience (including at least 3-4 years of internal communications experience) engaging directly with media, preferably in the technology industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience executing highly successful, creative media relations and owned channel campaigns.
- Adaptability and ability to make an impact in a highly matrixed organization.
- Foster an environment that promotes and values diversity and inclusion, where people from all backgrounds can do their best work.
- Current knowledge of digital communications techniques and social media engagement tools and techniques, media monitoring best practices, stakeholder briefing and coaching, and budget allocation principles.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required with emphasis in journalism, public relations, marketing, or communications.