Senior Quality Manager (Plastics Manufacturer)
Our client is coming from the plastic manufacturing industry. Its identity as a plastics component manufacturer for semiconductor fabrication equipment and medical devices is rapidly transforming by diversifying its services, expanding product offerings and targeted industries to differentiate from competitors while providing increased value to customers.
Location: Nusajaya, Johor.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance function in the Quality Department in meeting management objectives and set targets.
- Formulate, implement and evaluate quality strategies program for the company.
- Maintain and update QA/QC reports and statistical data.
- Inspect, monitor and assess the Quality function and related projects.
- Liaise and coordinate with Third Party and/or Customer inspections/testing.
- Continuous improvement in Quality Standards and procedures.
- Maintain ISO documentation and recertification.
- Coordinate and support all audit activities including internal surveillance audit, customer and supplier’s audit.
- Manages RMA/DMR and Root Cause Analysis and Corrective/Preventive action program.
- Lead and motivate QC Team to meet quality requirement and objective.
- Devise procedures to inspect and report quality issues.
- Monitor all operations and ensure the quality is well managed.
- Supervise and guide inspectors, technicians and other staff.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Report all malfunctions to the production executives to ensure immediate action.
- Review current standards and policies accordingly and ensure the policy is implemented during work.
- Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation.
- Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes.
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations.
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback.
- Oversee all product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards.
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements.
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis.
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor's Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree, Master's Degree in Mechanical, Management in any field or equivalent.
- At least 5 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Experienced in QA managerial experience, preferably in plastic manufacturing industry.
- Physical requirement : Good health and active.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skill.